• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

positioning - Character animator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope i can explain this: I start my puppet at the middle of scene (start position), then i want her to walk to her left and remain there (which she's doing with no problem), however if I start my timeline (playback) to see how everything looks, she does not go back to original position (start position) she just remains there (left), which is what I want her to do, throughout, but if I playback I need her to go back original position (start position). I hope that makes sense. Thanks

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Yeah, this is a common source of confusion. The Walk behavior does not obey scrubbing with the playhead. The most reliable option is to rewind the playhead to just before the walk part of the scene and click the scene refresh button. That will move the character back to the initial position, then play forwards from there.

I think the reason is "walk" is related to physics - it can be impacted by collisions etc in the scene, so it is too hard to predict where the character will be. Other dynamic

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is a common source of confusion. The Walk behavior does not obey scrubbing with the playhead. The most reliable option is to rewind the playhead to just before the walk part of the scene and click the scene refresh button. That will move the character back to the initial position, then play forwards from there.

I think the reason is "walk" is related to physics - it can be impacted by collisions etc in the scene, so it is too hard to predict where the character will be. Other dynamic collision objects have the same problem. Refreshing the scene is the only thing I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whi8le we're discussing walk cycles...

Has anyone played with the position based walking from the last update?  I tried it briefly with my current project, and the puppet looked like it was twisted inside out like a pinwheel, then it exploded (ok, it didn't really explode).  I probably don't have a tag in the right place, but the arrow key controlled walk worked fine so I used it -and a todo list that includes finding out why)..  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines