• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP/AE/ME Crashing Error 0xc0000005 Makes CA Unusable - Solutions?

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear oksamurai​

If you are not aware of it, this error: Premiere Pro CC 2018. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

Is plaguing me and other users of laptops with NVidia GPUs. While I can perform non-CA functions with the CC 2017 versions (which I thankfully kept), they won't import the current project files from CA, rendering CA essentially useless (I've not tried PNG export but that workflow makes no sense).

I can't properly edit/tweak CA scenes in either PP or AE, nor simply render out videos straight to ME.

As you can see from the end of that linked thread, your associates have been less than helpful or vigilant in their responses.

I have CA projects in process - what in the world can I do?

Thank you! For this product (yes from Adobe and the team you lead) and your generous and most excellent tutorials. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey CK - Sorry to hear that, it's the first I've heard of this bug. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

In the meantime, reverting to previous versions or PNG export are probably your best options. I'd probably go with previous versions since that seemed to work and gives you the continued flexibility of dynamic link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. The big question remained - which version of CC 2018 to rollback to... PNG export was not a workflow option.

While they have failed to respond in the forums, there was a solution posted to Twitter that worked for me and I will leave here to help others:

"...the bug is filed for Premiere Pro 12.1 & After Effects 15.1 versions. You can install Premiere Pro 12.0.1 and After Effects 15.0.1. Also, install the same version of Media Encoder for compatibility."

So fellow sufferers, give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines