• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-Built Puppet legs not moving

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I Have Been Using The Zippy The Turtle Puppet by Digital Puppets but noticed with motion library his feet are planted I watched a video of troubleshooting issues like this but every fix i try seems to make my puppet more broken anyone know what the issue could be?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is, at least for the front-facing view. Not sure if you need it to work for all views.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/43d7f1f3-48d7-42df-6b9c-bbd882fbeff6

Zippy is a puppet only meant to animate talking while standing still. Thus, turning it into a full-body rig requires a good amount of labor. Here is what I did, as far as I remember:

• Rig legs
    • Crown left/right legs
    • Add knees and heels
    • Put stick handles
  • Rig feet
    • Attach feet to legs with Leader/Follower (it might have been easier to edit the layer hierarchy in Photoshop and put feet under leg layers)
    • Add toes
    • Put stick handles
  • Rig body
    • Crown "BODY" layer
    • Add neck, waist, and hips to the "Frontal" layer
  • Behaviors
    • Remove Limb IK at the "Frontal" layer
    • Put Limb IK, Motion Library, Leader/Follower, and Body behaviors at the top
    • Set Leader/Follower to "Before IK"
  • Others
    • Remove extra Fixed handles and stick handles from the "BODY" layer
    • Change "PUPPET" layer's "Attach Style" from "Weld" to "Free"

I also hid the shadow for now as it rotated unnaturally with the body animation. You may be able to get the shadow to work by tweaking where to put it in the layer hierarchy in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So everything is working properly now! I followed the steps you gave me was a little confused at first but in the end it was exactly what i was looking to fix, looking forward to sharing my creation in the near future😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines