Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset actions/triggers in timeline

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there!

I already have a character with several replays and triggers, but i find very confusing pressing the right keys on the right time. I made a very beautiful control panel with customized icons, but still find hard to record (even at a slow record speed), and i keep coming back and doing it over again.
WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME?
If i could just pre-determine wich actions (or keys) would happen in a certain time. For example: At 2 seconds i'd like to trigger 3 different actions (with 3 different keys assigned), then at 4 seconds other 4 different triggers (and it goes on).
Is there anything i can do to make it work? Any ideas?
Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Feature requests , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just hit record, trigger your Replays, then move those actions into place. From the menu, if you choose Timeline>Link Recording Selection then clicking one part of replay will select all associated takes for easy moving around.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way yet to do something like "Add Replay to Timeline." But make sure to file (or vote on existing) feature requests you have at the UserVoice site! I know the Character Animator team does read these things, and while not everything makes it in, a lot of current feature requests from users have already made it into the app: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911317-character-animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, David!
Thanks for the tip! I didn't know this feature - it might not be exactly what i want, but i certainly helps.
I also voted for a similar request there!
Best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines