Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problèmes de clignement des yeux / Blinking problems

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je débute sur character animator, mais j'ai compris les principes et les bases en regardant pas mal de tutos.

Le problème que j'ai, c'est que le clignement des yeux ne fonctionne plus. Même si j'essaie de mettre les calques dans un ordre différent, de les faire apparaître ou non, de définir leurs états etc.. Ca ne fonctionne plus, alors qu'au début quand j'ai essayé ça marchait !

Je n'arrive pas à comprendre le problème.. Aidez moi, s'il vous plait !!

Hello,

I started on character animator, but I understood the principles and bases by watching a lot of tutorials.
The problem I have is that blinking does not work anymore. Even if I try to put the layers in a different order, to make them appear or not, to define their states etc .. It does not work any more, whereas at the beginning when I tried it worked!
I can not understand the problem .. Help me, please !!

Capture d’écran 2018-03-30 à 11.09.33.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

It looks like your Nose had the Frontal view tag applied. The Left Blink and Right Blink tags assume they're under the a Views tag, and since you had Frontal view assigned to the Nose, it was trying to find the blink tagged-layers within the Nose (which is only a layer, not a group). If you remove Frontal from the Nose, it should blink.

I also noticed that the Left Eye group shows a Right Pupil handle tag, and vice versa (Right Eye group shows a Left Pupil handle tag). Not required to remove to c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest checking the tags that character animator auto assigns based on layer names. You have “Left Eye” with a child of “Left Blink” and another “Left Eye”. That may have tagged both layers called “Left Eye” is the root of the Eye. It might then think the Eye is the more deeply nested layer, and so the blink is not part of the Eye.

simlpkest thing to try is to rename the nested “Left Eye” to something else, or just eliminate the group by pulling all its children up one layer (which is what I normally do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, looked closer, I would rename the nested “Left Eye” to be perhaps “Left Pupil”.

Did you you want the eyes to move? Normally you have a Left Eyeball plus Left Pupil (the pupil being smaller than the eyeball, so it can move within the range of the eyeball). There are a few ways to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering me !

No I just want to blink, I don't have any pupils. This is a simple move but I can't find why is it still not working ? I change the orders, the name of layers, and nothing change... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your "Left Blink" and "Right Blink" layers have the corresponding "Left Blink" and "Right Blink" tags applied?

If you select your "GeorgesChAn" puppet in the Project panel, then look in the Properties panel under Faces > Replacements > Left Blink and Right Blink, do those show a number other than 0 (i.e., 1 if they matched one layer each)?

Feel free to export your puppet as a .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet), and send us a shared link to it, either here or via direct message, and we can diagnose what might be going on.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my link for the puppet, I hope you could help me !

And thank you for all the advice !!

https://we.tl/xJKdGE1Fz7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your Nose had the Frontal view tag applied. The Left Blink and Right Blink tags assume they're under the a Views tag, and since you had Frontal view assigned to the Nose, it was trying to find the blink tagged-layers within the Nose (which is only a layer, not a group). If you remove Frontal from the Nose, it should blink.

I also noticed that the Left Eye group shows a Right Pupil handle tag, and vice versa (Right Eye group shows a Left Pupil handle tag). Not required to remove to cause the character to blink, but you might want to remove those. You'll need to zoom in quite a bit to select the handle that those are associated with.

Also, the "LID D" group was assigned the D viseme tag, so you'll want to remove that as well as it doesn't make sense. It was just automatically matching because the layer name had a "D".

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooh thank you so much, I was definitively lost, so I tried a lot of things, that's why there are tags everywhere .. I gonna correct this !

Thanks for helping me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines