Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Problem] Attack Head to Neck

New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Probably this is a common problem but i can't find a way to resolve this. What i did wrong?

Thanks for help.

head.jpg

problem.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

I had a go at some sticks to reduce movement. Try adding the following sticks and see how this works for you. I added sticks to the body to stop the shoulders moving around so much. (Make sure the sticks do not cross.) I put one across the chest to limit the effect of the neck on the rest of the body, then put one along each shoulder to keep the shoulders straight.. (You might be able to reduce the number of "fixed" points - experiment and see what works best for you.)

I then added sticks to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update my problem to"partially solved" (i added some points on the shoulders)... Now i have another thing that i want to improve. When i move the face, because it is attached, and not indipentent, it moves like a noodle, how can i improve this?
Thanks in advance.

bla.jpg

bloblo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually my preference is not to have a separate neck, but to draw it as part of the body. Also, you might try making the entire Luke group independent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but still the problem persist. Maybe i failed to make the groups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off hand I do not have any other ideas. If you want to post a link to your puppet file, I can see if I get the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one other thing to look at -- check the meshes to see if there are any stray pixels anywhere in your puppet. Post a screen cap of what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok if you want i can give you the link, i don't have other ideas in the meantime....

Link to the puppet http://rgho.st/82fFCtjBD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry will sort you out I am sure, but a fundamental question - do you want your head to distort / stretch when the head tilts from side to side?  For this artwork I would have thought “no”.  In that case, the head being independent makes sense.  But the neck should be a part of the body and should be drawn to go up behind the head a distrance further. (I would take the top of your neck lines and draw a semi-circle to join the two sides of the neck - creating a “ball” for the head to pivot on). The head then should have its origin set over the neck (so it pivots on that point). The “head position strength” property should be set to zero so it does not float away from the body (the default is 100% which is a weird defaut If you ask me). I don’t use pins.

If you want the head and body to be attached (and stretch the neck), then you will need lots of sticks to isolate distortion. I just don’t think you will ever get it to look “good”.

Also you may need to set the mesh property manually to contor if you cannot find the stray points and don’t want to go “independent” - e.g. stretch the neck for head tilts. If the mesh does not follow the contour it will look strange. Sticks would not save you then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what Luke's mesh look like, next to a more normal looking mesh.

LukeMesh.png ChloeMesh.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a go at some sticks to reduce movement. Try adding the following sticks and see how this works for you. I added sticks to the body to stop the shoulders moving around so much. (Make sure the sticks do not cross.) I put one across the chest to limit the effect of the neck on the rest of the body, then put one along each shoulder to keep the shoulders straight.. (You might be able to reduce the number of "fixed" points - experiment and see what works best for you.)

I then added sticks to the Head layer to stop the bottom part of the face warping so badly - basically around the face outline where it connects to the neck.

Seems to work pretty well after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys i will try all this as soon as possible, and i will let you know (i will choose the correct aswer here on the forum if i resolved it). Thanks again guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines