• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem rigging character

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a problem with one of my characters in character builder, where the character rotates around its neck/head ignoring the fixed points on its feet, also when I've tried to make the character draggable there appears to be a part of the character around the head which is fused to the spot so it just deforms everything around it as you pull the body away. I can't find a soloution so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please find my puppet file here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VLX-3LfL3Z46lYoA6TZCciXTr1xvpbSf/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access denied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've adjusted the accessability of the file, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's probably a better way to do this, but here's what I did:

I created a "pants" layer in the Torso and moved the legs and the pants group to that. (this removed the rigging from the legs, but those can be added again). I turned of the independence on the legs since you want the feet to stay pinned. I added a stick to the bottom of the pants and set it to fixed. Unfortunately, the dragging still distorts the lower part of the face. 

Alph_v2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks I'll give it ago but it sounds like that would stop me doing full motion tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, I took the stick out and rigged the legs, making them independent again. The one difference is that I didn't rig the hips, heel and toe, just the knee and ankle. I moved the origin to where the hip would be, but didn't tag it. The puppet seems to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given that a go but it doesn’t seem to be working, the legs are completely rigid and its still rotating around the same spot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And this is after you created a "pants" layer for the legs and pants group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines