Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Using Dynamic Link

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am trying to use dynamic link in my current workflow but whether I try to import a character into AE or Premiere Pro the file in question is so slow to update it is pretty much unusable. I have searched on the forums but the only answers I can find refer to dynamic link not working at all.

Does anyone have any tips or potential fixes in this regard? My PC is not cutting edge but I have an Nvidia 1070 with 32 gigs of ram and a fair enough CPU (quad core 4.0) so I wouldn't expect this to be something my computer will struggle with.

Hope I'm explaining myself okay. To reiterate - CH puppets show up in both programs but just don't update fast enough to work with.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution and framerate are the puppets in? It's possible they're so big that AE/PR are choking. Like I talked to a guy yesterday who was using 600dpi assets! Yeah, that's going to chug.

Otherwise - whenever I'm doing dynamic link in AE, I always lower my preview settings for a lower resolution and some skipped frames to get smoother performance. Might help here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That's given me some stuff to try with the next video. I really want to get dynamic link working as it would be so useful!

I'll report back before I hit the answer box if that's okay? Cheers for taking the time to offer suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When making changes in Ch and then switching back to AE/PPro, if you're standing at a time far from the start of the scene, it will be slow because it has to compute all the frames starting from the first frame. So for fastest response when switching back & forth, in AE/PPro view a frame near the start of the scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines