• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when animating my character with the presets

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having this problem (video attached) with the right arm of my character when I apply the preset animations, like the arm goes to the opposite side, or there seems to be something wrong, but I can't find what the problem is, not even in my rig or in the configuration.

Could someone help me with this? Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

I don't think it's a perfect fix, but it works. What I did was turn off "Auto Arm Bend" in Limb IK and turn on "Reverse Arm Bend Right." (See photo). Now his right arm bends like it's supposed to. Give it a try and let me know if it works. 

SonicFix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which motion are you using? Let me know and I can check it with another puppet (probably the ninja puppet) and see if I get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animation is Run 1. With the puppets that come in the program it works well. It doesn't go well with my puppet, but I have the whole rig done right, I don't know what's wrong. If you want I can send you my puppet file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for ruling out that possibility. The motion library is still quite new, and I am far from an expert with it. If you want to export your puppet and use a file sharing service, go ahead and send me the link. I can't promise anything, but I'll be happy to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for that! 

Sonic puppet google drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's a perfect fix, but it works. What I did was turn off "Auto Arm Bend" in Limb IK and turn on "Reverse Arm Bend Right." (See photo). Now his right arm bends like it's supposed to. Give it a try and let me know if it works. 

SonicFix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it worked!! Thanks you, it seems like very simple now 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines