• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with bending arms

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is a real pain in the a.. for me so please help My puppet is standing sideways and I have a problem with bending. Arm of my puppet almost everytime bend counter clockwise. Sometimes I need to do 20 takes to get movement of my puppet's arm right. I tried to change positions of handles/draggers and still nothing...

Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

I never got it quite worked out, but some suggestions.

The two sticks for the arms - try them at slight angles to each other rather than perfectly straight. Worry about where the two points end. This seems to affect the natural afinity of which way its going to bend by default.

Bend the arm slightly in the artwork so it is predisposed to bending the right way.

Sometimes I put a dragger on the elbow as well and then record a single frame at the start of a scene with the elbow the direction I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got it quite worked out, but some suggestions.

The two sticks for the arms - try them at slight angles to each other rather than perfectly straight. Worry about where the two points end. This seems to affect the natural afinity of which way its going to bend by default.

Bend the arm slightly in the artwork so it is predisposed to bending the right way.

Sometimes I put a dragger on the elbow as well and then record a single frame at the start of a scene with the elbow the direction I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bending arm in the artwork helped I did not think the solution could be that simple. Thank you my man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it’s the angle of the sticks in the arms, but glad you got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing an angles of the sticks didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a constant issue for me. I'm not making my own puppets. But the company I deal with has an inside arm and an outside arm, which is controlled with a trigger. Still, there are issues. I know it's something they are working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines