• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with blink

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a cat puppet in Illustrator. I have resolved all but one issue with rigging this puppet. He has a "Normal" face and an "Evil" face. I set the "E" key to trigger devil horns and fangs. The "E" key also triggers latch and replace for the eyebrows, mouth, and eyes. The "Normal" eyes blink and move without issue. The "Evil" eyes had to have the behavior "Eye Gaze" added before they would work properly. No matter what I do I cannot get the "Evil" eyes to blink. They won't even blink when I add the behavior "Auto Blink". What am I missing or doing wrong?!  Help!  (almost forgot, I am using eyelids for blink).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add a second view, I think, to the Evil group - like tag it right quarter or something. I think CH needs to know it's a "second face" to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue, and tagging the alternate eye sets with different views resolved it. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, can you tell us more about how this impacts using the actual head turns? Now that I've added my head turn views and the "head turn" behavior to my head layer, the alternate eye sets no longer blink appropriately. Is there a way to allow for multiple eye sets while also preserving head turn functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Head turns complicate things a little. I've never done this with head turns, but what I believe you would need to do is potentially add additional Face behaviors to each view to register as a new face. It could get pretty complicated though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! Yes it seems rather complicated. To be honest, after not getting the head turns to work, I removed all of the head turn views except for frontal. Now the alternate eye sets don't work at all. I'm really not sure what the issue(s) is/are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could he not set up an alternative Face group and trigger that when he wants blnking eyes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, and yes he/I coild, but depending on the complexity of the puppet, that becomes a very intensive option for just changing a set of eyes. The nested folders would allow for more granular options like having the eyes be angry withoit changing or duplicating all the face features at the same time. I'm using my puppet for streaming, so I need consistent performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting back that adding face behaviors to each eye view allowed me to have head turns complete with alternate eye and mouth sets. Thanks so much! My puppet is as modular as I could have hoped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for showing me the way to get out of my suffering bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to make it blink on every profile, It was a real headache haha Tried many behaviours in many places until I solved it by adding a face behaviour to each profile and tagging the eye and the blink as well

I hope this helps someone else that may come across this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines