• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with hair Physics behavior

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to the community ! Excuse my language as i am french. I'll try to explain my problem in english as well as i can... 

I am facing an issue with my puppet, especially with hair locks that have "physics" behavior. 

I noticed it occurs when i use "transformation" on the puppet to add a global movement, that is not piloted by the camera. The hair locks are supposed to move slightly with the character, and it does work most of the time ; but strange things happen right when my key frames occur... The hair locks start turning around the face crazily - and it does not happen everytime, it's random. Some times it doesn't stop, it keeps doing this until i click somewhere in the picture.

The only way i have found to stop the problem was to erase the key frames on the transformation behavior ; and do the movement in After Effects. But i would prefer to fix this !

Thank you on advance

Here are some screenshots of the problem (and of the character when her hair looks normal !)

Capture d’écran 2021-04-02 à 11.20.42.pngCapture d’écran 2021-04-02 à 11.20.46.pngCapture d’écran 2021-04-02 à 11.20.53.pngCapture d’écran 2021-04-02 à 15.32.01.png

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not an Animate user, but it looks like the start/control point around which the rotation happens has moved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound weird. Could you show a rigging view showing where dangles are? If you move the puppet very abruptly the hair will jump, which is one of the reasons camera movement was so useful. Smoother blends between positions might help. You could try fiddling with the physics behavior settings (Eg reduce gravity, or try different stiffness fir dangles.) Not stopping until you click does sound unusual though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else to check are the labels or tags for the various objects in your puppet. Very often, unusual behavior in a puppet can be the result of extraneous tags on objects that confuse animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answers. I have managed to turn around the problem, l will test your tips when it happens again, if it does.

Here is an overview of the results. The main characters were animated with character animator, and the rest with TV Paint. 

I will keep you posted if I understand more!
Ma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the video. It looks amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Very impressive indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines