• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with layers when importing from Illustrator to Adobe Character Animator

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I drew this character in Illustrator, editing and adjusting the "Chloe.ai"-Template from Character Animator.

I followed the naming as in the original file BUT I also drew some parts in the "inside mode" - for example the front of the pants. Means, I added the highlights in the inside mode (what automatically creates a clipping mask). Unfortunately Character Animator does not know these layers - even if the main layers in named correctly. What happens now is that some layers are missing and the highlight of the pants appear now in its full size (with all the overfilling) - I tried to merge the layers but this function is not available. What I would need is a similar function as PS "Merge selected layers". I tried "join path", "convert to shape", the unify tool from the pathfinder, "release clipping mask" what has the same effect as in CA. any suggestions? Because otherwise I cannot work with this in CA. And I would like to keep the Vector drawing (means, I do not want to switch to PS)

Thanks in advance.

Best

Nasha

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-20 um 22.34.43.pngBildschirmfoto 2018-04-20 um 22.34.51.png Character_Max.jpgBildschirmfoto 2018-04-20 um 22.00.05.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be acceptable to use things like the “Pathfinder” controls in Illustrator allowing intersection, subtraction, etc?  That is, use Illustrator tools to clip the fill permanently. Then its just another layer (no need for clipping).  I have done this a few times (but always google again to remember exactly how to do it).

I personally prefer Illustrator as well - it avoids problems with scaling later. E.g. I zoom in close on eyes sometimes. Rasterizing always feels dangerous for that - the images can come out blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, unfortunately not because if you combine the two layers you‘ll loose the second color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines