• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with moving scenes into AE

Participant ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usualy just drag my scenes into AE but I consistently crash AE 3-4 times on each project I do. Is this common, is there something I'm doing wrong?

I've had the same problems on two PCs and a Macbook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t do this often, so this is generic advice. Have you checked how much free memory you have?

Also, is it repeatable? Or the same project crashes but works after a restart? That indicates to me something is getting corrupted in memory as distinct from a project contents problem.

Which app crAshes? AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any project I do I have AE crash multiple times. CH rarely crashes on me ever. Memory is no issue one two of the PC's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drag a scene across, AE crashes, you restart, and drag again does it work the second time? Or does the second time reliably crash as well? (If it crashes reliably I would encourage reaching out to Adobe support if you can share the project files with them. If its not easily repeatable, then its going to be harder for them to track it down.)

It sounds like a nasty (hard to identify) bug on the surface. Have you considered exporting MP4 or similar files from CH and loading them into AE instead? That is what I try to do whenever possible, but only because it feels faster on my little laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm curious if it's related to the drag operation itself. Can we try the following: If you choose the Character Animator scene from the .chproj file, does it make any difference? i.e.,

1. Quit Character Animator.

2. In After Effects, choose File > Import > File, then select the .chproj file for the project that contains the scene you want to use.

3. In the dialog box that appears, select the scene, then click OK.

Also, are you using the latest After Effects version (15.1) and Character Animator (1.5)?

On your Mac after AE crashes, does it show an Adobe Crash Reporter dialog box?
Can you send us the crash report? (You can find the .crash file in your user Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ folder with the name After Effects in it and associated with the time that it crashed. You can open the user Library folder from a Finder window by holding down the Option key as you choose the Go menu to reveal the Library menu command.)

Also, if you're interested in evaluating a newer (prerelease) version of the software to see if it's more stable for you, please send me a direct message. Thanks.

Jeff (Character Animator QE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines