• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program goes non responsives, takes 10-15 mins to respond

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animator just goes dead for long periods of time with even the smallest change to a rig or an alteration to a puppet. He is a fairly complex puppet but still up to 10 minutes prepare scene time to add a trigger? After the wait for the prep time, I then have to deal with 5-8 actual frame playback on my scene making it near impossible to set cycle timing right.  I have a pretty heavy duty gaming rig that can easily run PS, AI and PR all at the same time, but CH just slows it to a crawl. Is this a known issue? Are there any known program conflicts, graphic driver issues that could be causing this.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shouldn't be normally happening. How big is the PSD / AI file that is being used? Sometimes really big ones can lead to large load times, so I often recommend saving a master version and then a more optimized "flat" version for CH - 72dpi, flattened layers wherever you can, smallest dimensions possible, etc.

Sometimes a lot of behaviors can add to the weight as well. Physics & Head Turner (or lots of heads with eyes, mouths, etc) can often lead to this - I once saw someone who had 32 "head" layers tagged in their PSD and it was running at like 5fps. Reducing those tags/behaviors where possible can help as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue right now every time I make even a small change in Photoshop and click on CH to view my changes.

This never happened before until yesterday and I have not changed the size of any photoshop files. I have cleaned up the computer to remove any unwanted junk and reset the permissions on the computer.

When I open CH today it said that I have another version already open. My CH PROJ file has now become a recovery file.

I have just created a back up of this just incase.

Can you advise me on what to do here, I can't wait 5 mins each time. It appears to be a CH issue not Photoshop.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also opening up the puppet Maddy and just changing her position in Photoshop comes back as a blank page in CH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines