• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project link to thumb drive. And CPU intensity.

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did my first real work in Character Animator over the weekend at home. Brought project into work and have saved on company server; but project somehow seems linked to some file or folder on the thumb drive I transfered project with. Even though I have transfered every file on that thumb drive to server and repeated saved every Animator option for 'save' to server; every time I eject thumb and try to work off server, project 'breaks'. Is there an Animator way or workaround to 'collect' a project like in After Effects, or another way I can break this link.

PLUS just wondering why Animator seems so slow and CPU intensive? I work on a pretty beefed up iMac but this is like working with some of the most complex 3D projects I've ever undertaken. I created a 1800x1800 psd puppet because I wanted to zoom way in on face. My Animator project scene is 2000x2000 and the results worked perfect when I rendered puppet and imported in AE just as I had planned. Just a lot of spinning beach ball between almost every cursor click in Animator. Doesn't seem to be a way to allocate RAM to Animator as you can in AE. Any suggestions/fixes? Thanks all.

BTW. Animator is awesome. Became obsessed learning and working with over the weekend. What was going to be a 2 hour stint turned into 5. Think this app is gonna become a workhorse for me for years to come.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?