• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupil range issues

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am trying to keep the eyes from becoming misaligned when looking diagonally.  I created a invisible layer with a restricted polygon to keep the pupils from going to far off to try to help with alignment when looking diagonally. I tag the invisible layer as the pupil range for each eye but it still seems to just follow the eyeball itself. PLEASE HELP. I have looked at the debugging forums already. I dont see an answer

I have figured out when i do a simple shape with the elipse tool it will work as a pupil range but when i use the add pen tool to make it custom it doesnt follow the range anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had never thought about it before, but I can understand why anything beyond a simple shape does not work for pupil range. I could believe it uses an oval, else uses a bounding box (and hence goes further up into the corner).

Question for you - what should the pupil do if the range outline is an unusual shape? Can you describe how you want it to move?

I ask because it currently is proportional in its distance from the center of the range I think (looking at your video). If you want both pupils to move the same distance at all times, then the range layer must be the same size (and shape) for both. Otherwise the maths cannot get it right.

So my suggestion is to create the invisible ovals for the range layers a bit smaller, inside the max range you ever want the pupil to move. If you want one eye to have that indentation, then make the range smaller so the pupil will not hit it, and use that smaller size on both eyes if the pupil movement distance should be consistent.

So in this case, I can sort of see the logic of wanting something more fancy, but I can also see why it would be hard. Pupil Range is not just *limiting* how far the eye moves - it also defines the multiplication factor of have far it will move. If the eyes have different pupil ranges, the two pupils will move different distances.

I guess what you may like instead is “the two pupils distance of movement is defined by the maximum of the two pupil ranges, but stop the pupil if it tries to go out of the area”??

I often put an eyelid layer over the top, so the pupil can move behind it and be hidden, rather than changing the shape of the range layer. Works particularly well for larger pupils - they get cropped by the eyelids.

img8.png?w=200

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines