Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupil Range - one eye is out of bounds problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks to the team for CH 2.0. I like the new features!

I'm in the process of working on and rigging a puppet, but the pupils give me trouble. One sticks to the pupil range, the other does not. If I snap the eye gaze, the "unruly eye" is reigned in and they are fine, but I need more flexibility and more subtle eye movements. If I uncheck the eye gaze, one pupil goes beyond the "pupil range". I colored the pupil range in rose color in this sample, so it is easier to see.

What I have tried:

- check tagging 3 times. It seems fine. I see no differences between the right and left eye, so they should behave identically.

- change the art work to see if changing the pupil size has any effect on the left pupil. It does not.

I'm stuck or blind. Any fresh eyes seeing the problem?

Here is the puppet

Dropbox - Herrman Hog Puppet.puppet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

I grabbed the puppet. I got the left eye working better by removing "Left Pupil Range" from "PUPPET HOG / HOG / HEAD / Frontal / left eye / Left Eyeball". You have that tag also on the nested layer "eye range left" which is the smaller area of movement. That is why the eyeball is going beyond the range you want. Remove that tag and things started working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I grabbed the puppet. I got the left eye working better by removing "Left Pupil Range" from "PUPPET HOG / HOG / HEAD / Frontal / left eye / Left Eyeball". You have that tag also on the nested layer "eye range left" which is the smaller area of movement. That is why the eyeball is going beyond the range you want. Remove that tag and things started working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alan,

you are the man! Turns out, I was blind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines