Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupper Screen Position

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just getting into Ch and am a former video editor turned instructional designer, so my video editing way of thinking might be causing me to miss something obvious. 

My puppet doesnt seem to remember where she started from. 

I record a puppet walking into the frame, delivering content, then walking out. Playback first time looks as expected. Playback the second time my puppet does not return to her starting position and starts from her end position. In effect, never appearing on the screen. If Ch is showing me a recorded clip, how can playback the second time be different? 

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Camera , How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the original walk behavior does that. They added a new approach, position based, that is more reliable. It guarantees the position. You keyframe the position value instead. The old behavior i think of for backwards compatibility - i would never use it going forwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning and thanks for your reply.

If I understand correctly, I should use the X position key frame for the movement, and use the trigger key for the walk behavior. Ill give combining the two a try and see what happens.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

alank99101739_1-1599060237162.png

In the Walk behavior properties, you set mode to Position-based, then you keyframe the "Position" value. This is like an additional Position X value that is added, but the walk behavior watches it. If it increases, it makes the puppet walk in that direction. If it decreases, it walks the other direction. If it stops changing, the puppet stands still. So you can keyframe the position value and the puppet will walk to the target and arrive at exactly the right time (it adjusts the speed of movement).

alank99101739_2-1599060274370.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines