Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet arm movement while walking won't stop even with 0 arm wave parameter

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Pretty much what the title says - it doesn't matter if I change the arm movement parameter to zero at the puppet panel or in the scene recording panel - or even in both of them. I want a satatic-arm walking animation and only this puppet of mine continues to move. Is it because in a different scene I made him move his arms while walking to test it out and never switched back to zero? If so, it would mean that the scene arm movement kind of overrides the puppet properties. The only thing I haven't tried yet is deleting the movement behavior and start from scratch. I tried to both link the independent arm to the body and not do so, which doensn't change anything and creating and deleting bones and hand markers for the limb IK, which doensn't change anything either. I'll tag the question as a bug just in case it turns out to be a weird bug.

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

It doesn't work, it keeps moving. I even tried deleting the movement behavior and adding it again but no change. It seems that there's no difference whether it has wrist tags etc or not. I don't want to remove the puppet entirely and add it again because of all the lip sync and other movements are working.

HOWEVER! I've taken a look at the handles panel to see if something was labeled as the arm when it wasn't supposed to and what do I see? The hands were marked as such and, since they are a subl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea about the arm movement, but a workaround might be two have two arms in a swapset, where the second arm does not have the wrist tags etc. So while walking you swap to the other static arm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't work, it keeps moving. I even tried deleting the movement behavior and adding it again but no change. It seems that there's no difference whether it has wrist tags etc or not. I don't want to remove the puppet entirely and add it again because of all the lip sync and other movements are working.

HOWEVER! I've taken a look at the handles panel to see if something was labeled as the arm when it wasn't supposed to and what do I see? The hands were marked as such and, since they are a sublayer for the arm, I didn't see it. So I just removed the wrist handles on the hands sublayer and done - no more movement of the arms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines