• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet dangle with physics

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I added a dangle handle to an object it stopped responding to gravity and other physics properties. What did I do wrong?

https://gph.is/2MJ1M6f

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Thanks, now, can I make the 'tail' respond to the edges? -> https://gph.is/2I8OOv8

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally have an independent layer that I attach to the puppet (e.g. hair) and then put the dangle on the hair. That is, I don't put the dangle on the root object, but on the child independent object that is attached to the root.

In this example I had handy, the tie ("der") is independent and attached to the collar. The dangle at the bottom makes it sway relative to the rest of the puppet.  If I put the dangle on the root puppet, it also starts locking down the root puppet. So I suspect "that's just how it works".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, now, can I make the 'tail' respond to the edges? -> https://gph.is/2I8OOv8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used collisions and the particle system etc much, but to get a bouncing ball, I got some rectangles that I put just off the edge of the scene window and put the "collide" tag on them as well as the "ball" puppet.

There is also the Physics/Collide "bounce off sides" property, but I am not sure if that would work in your case or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the "bounce off sides" property works on the square, but not the "dangling" tail.

I expect that this is something that is not possible at this time because, probably, requires much more intense calculation, redrawing the mesh and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you put the collide tag on the tail layer as well. Did you try putting some rectangles on screen with collude as well? Probably won’t help, but worth a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines