Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet file size and scene slowdown

New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the group,

I've been trying out character animator and have run into a snag. My scenes are very slow to playback and to difficult to run smoothly when recording live audio for puppets. My system is up to par with the requirements to run Ch, but I noticed my puppets are about 100mbs each. Could this be the issue that is causing a slowdown? If so, is there a way to reduce the file size of the puppet without scaling or losing too much quality? These puppets are made out of photos that have been chopped up and converted into puppets.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

The dpi does not matter, Just the resolution. You will want to zoom in at times, so the resolution should definitely be higher than the final video. Since you may want to zoom in at times, having the resolution of the image greater than the final video is a good idea. Just think about the max zoom you want, then compare the image resolution of your artwork, divide by the zoom factor, and compare to 1920x1080 for 1080p.

So my guess is your artwork file is probably what you need, assuming you will

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution are the photos and what resolution video do you want to create?  Yes, the resolution influences the size of the artwork files which does affect performance. So scaling down the images may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. In photoshop, the scene with the puppet is 112mbs. It has 5616x3744 dimensions(I want to be able to push in so that's good) but the resolution is 300dpi. I want to finish at 1080p. So maybe cutting resolution to 72dpi would help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The dpi does not matter, Just the resolution. You will want to zoom in at times, so the resolution should definitely be higher than the final video. Since you may want to zoom in at times, having the resolution of the image greater than the final video is a good idea. Just think about the max zoom you want, then compare the image resolution of your artwork, divide by the zoom factor, and compare to 1920x1080 for 1080p.

So my guess is your artwork file is probably what you need, assuming you will want to zoom in sometimes.

There are other scene settings to reduce the playback frame rate etc. This can lower the CPU overhead of playback. There are other posts about ways to reduce CPU. Try searching through the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines