Puppet hand disappearing when pointing

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a puppet for Character Animator in Photoshop, the only thing that was changed is the color of the hand, now when I make the puppet point the hand disappears.  What did I do wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this post from the generic Get Started board to Character Animator where the concerned experts will see it.

Merry Christmas!

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you change the name of the hand or perhaps duplicate the hand, change the color, then delete the original?

If the hand is still in your Photoshop file then go back into Rig mode in Character animator and find the layer in your puppet's hierarchy. If the point is tied to a trigger, open the Triggers panel and click on the trigger you want. In the bottom half of the Triggers panel you'll see what layers are triggered, it might be empty. If it is then it seems like the layer name may have changed. Just drag the layer from the Puppet panel back on to the trigger and you should be good to go.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines