• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet head floats up at very end of scene

Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using The Professional puppet to create a five short training videos. I have exported the puppet from the first video, and re-used the same puppet with the same rigging in all five videos.

In four of the videos, the puppet's head looks normal. In the fifth video, his head looks normal for 98% of the video. See normal head/neck position below.

Tim27898261hm38_0-1681746680791.png

During the last few seconds at the end of the fifth training video, yellow text appears that tells the viewers to pause the video and complete the activity. During those seconds, the puppet's head floats way up.

Tim27898261hm38_1-1681746850965.png

This behavior does not happen anywhere else in this video, or in any of the other videos.

Rigging: Head is NOT independent (or it wouldn't stay attached to the body), and the head/neck handle is just below the chin. He has a head/neck handle for both the "Left Quarter" as well as for the "Head," and the handles are in the same place.

I have tried making the head/neck handle "Fixed," and it didn't change anything. I have also re-recorded the head movement (camera input), and it always does the same thing. I have tried extending the puppet's track to well beyond the scene's duration, and it didn't help.

Does anyone know how I can stop the head from floating upwards during the last 3 seconds?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think the text is triggering the detatchment? Is it possible to remove it and see whet happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea.

1. I imported the text as a PNG file and did not change any Physics or Transform properties.

2. When I removed the text, the puppet's neck still stretched per the photo above.

3. I have the same kind of text that appears throughout the five videos, and his neck never stretches anywhere else.

Bottom line: It's not the text.

I have tried extending the puppet track, the background track, and they Camera Input track, and it doesn't fix it.

I am mystified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Left Quarter rigging:

Tim27898261hm38_0-1681754297656.png

Here is the Head rigging:

Tim27898261hm38_1-1681754340358.png

Here are the body properties:

Tim27898261hm38_2-1681754418425.png

Thanks again for any ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the character have a layer for the face? That appears to be independent. Can you locate it and make it dependent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there is a layer for the face. I changed it to dependent. Now the neck has three different lengths in the video.

When the puppet's head is NOT leaning right:

Tim27898261hm38_0-1681762514754.png

When the puppet's head is leaning right:

Tim27898261hm38_1-1681762616678.png

And when he neck stretches during the last three seconds:

Tim27898261hm38_2-1681762679491.png

I think I like the head movement better with the head dependent, so I am definitly going to start doing that.

However, the neck-stretching did not change.

Thanks again for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines