• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet not bending arms in version 22.5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of character animator updated to 22.5 recently. I have been relying on the Chibi puppet from the puppet maker for my projects, and all of a sudden, she cannot bend her arms. I checked the rigging of the arms but it seems normal just like any other puppet, I checked the limb IK but nothing I did changed the fact that her arms stay strait and only do a glitchy ultrafast bend at unpredictable times. 

I have version 22.4 on my desktop and the same puppet does not have these problems. What should I do?  I mean, other than working on the desktop from now on...

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Ok I solved it! Disabling walk behaviors as a whole didn't work but I started messing with each walk behavior setting. For some reason, in my case, if I uncheck the box "pin feet while standing" the arm moves again. I wish I understood why, but even the support person I contacted didn't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have the same problem but only on the Quarter and Profile views. My frontal is working as expected. Puppets were working fine in earlier versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing walk behaviour fixed the arms. Seems like walk is interfering with elbow detection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortuantely When I remove the walk behavior it doesn't fix the arm bend issues on my puppets. I'm just using stock puppets from the character making tool.  They work at first then they start breaking in version 22.5. I'm considering downgrading for now to the prior version since that is working well still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I solved it! Disabling walk behaviors as a whole didn't work but I started messing with each walk behavior setting. For some reason, in my case, if I uncheck the box "pin feet while standing" the arm moves again. I wish I understood why, but even the support person I contacted didn't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue I've found is Walk with "Pin Feet When Standing" disables the dragability of elbows and knees, even in if there's only a Frontal view, which Walk doesn't even work with (it only works with the Quarter and Profile tags) and even after you turn "Pin Feet" off. If you go into Rig mode and back, things get temporarily cleared up...until it happens again.

I really think "Pin Feet When Standing" inside Walk and "Initial Feet Pinning" inside Limb IK should be consolidated. Along with using fixed handles ourselves, it's too conflicted.

And the individual selections inside a behavior, like the two pin feet examples we've bene talking about, should turn off with all the rest when you disarm the behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the same problem with this advice. Unchecked the "pin feet while standing." Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines