• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet parts not scaling properly

Participant ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a weird behavior when scaling my puppets, in the Scene panel.

I have a simple character, with some arms attached to the torso with the staple tool.

If I set the attach style to "Hinge" and turn on "Warp Independently", the arms won't scale in the Scene panel. I set the scale to 30%, let's say, and the arms remain huge, while all the other parts scale properly.

If "Warp Independently" is off, the size is fixed, but they are not independent from the body mesh anymore.

Is this supposed to be like this? I can't find how this could be usefull in some way.

thanks!

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Ahhhhh yes, okay. Yeah this is a longtime weird bug - for a number of (mostly obscure) reasons, you should always add a + to your top level character. One day we'll fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Scale under Layer, or Scale as a parameter of the Transform behavior?

If it's the latter, that's weird - everything should scale together. Is it possible a second transform behavior was added? If you try to sample Chloe puppet, does she do the same thing? If you could post a screenshot of the issue that might help a little too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean scale on transform behavior.
BUT, I looked at Chloe puppet as you suggested and I found the issue.

The parent of the Body must be set to "Warp Independently". My puppet had this checkbox off ...

If you take Chloe, set "Warp Independently" off on the top level, and "Right Arm" attach style to "Hinge", you'll see this issue.

Thanks for the hint. Anyway, I think it's a strange behavior.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhhhh yes, okay. Yeah this is a longtime weird bug - for a number of (mostly obscure) reasons, you should always add a + to your top level character. One day we'll fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines