• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Rigging/Head Turner Question

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to get only my puppets head to move with the following rigging set up. 

I have tried applying the "Head Turn" behavior to just the Head folder on each angle and it does not seem to be working. Any suggestions would be great.

If you rig a puppet with folders such as this:

+Character

+Frontal

Head

Body

+Left Quarter

Head

Body

+Right Quarter

Head

Body

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

I am assuming that you have body turns as well and that is why you included a body layer with each profile view?

If you don't want the body to move with the head then you should make the body a seperate layer:

Character

Head

Front

Left

Right

Body

Front

Left

Right

If you build your layers this way the head will move indepentdly of the body. Once you have this, just make sure you have the correct layers tagged and the correct behavior add

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming that you have body turns as well and that is why you included a body layer with each profile view?

If you don't want the body to move with the head then you should make the body a seperate layer:

Character

Head

Front

Left

Right

Body

Front

Left

Right

If you build your layers this way the head will move indepentdly of the body. Once you have this, just make sure you have the correct layers tagged and the correct behavior added.

Also I just wrote a little post for making the body work seperatately with swap sets:

if you let the head funtion normally with head turns and all that, but don't give the body any profile tags, you can move the body independently with swap set triggers.

For example:

Head (normal profile tags)

Body (no profile tags, make a swap set)

Front

Left

Right

I've never tried this myself, but it should allow you to move the head one way with camera input, then you can trigger the body to move wherever you want. You can even have the body do a complete 180 if you wanted to.

Just make sure all the head profile views are tagged correctly.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if they could implement it to work with the other puppet laylout. =] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines