Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet's eye is constantly open and finger is always pointing

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

My puppet's eyes are constantly open and will not close. Also his finger is always pointing and will not revert back to normal.

All the other trigger's are working perefectly fine. I didn't change or rig any of the trigger's left them as they were, as the puppet I'm using is from an exisitng character animator puppet. Just that I opened up my scene and this happened.

It would be great if someone could please assist. 

Thank you,

Jon

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Thank you for sharing both of those files. One thing that stands out is that you have left blink marked as independent but right blink is not. Usually, the blink is not independent for either eye. I do not know if that is your issue or not. Also perplexing is the "lid" state in your swap set. I don't know what it is for since you also have an open state. Logically, your open state should be your default and the closed state would be your default. After you address that, you might want to test th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure "Blink" exists in your rigging layers and that it is tagged as well. See circles on attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for yor reply, much appreciated. 

I checked and the blink layers already existed and tagged too. 

When I press the trigger button its not responding and the eyes still remain open. All the other triggers work perefectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a screengrab of your layer hierarchy so we can see how the layers are set up for either eye?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please find attached screen grabs, pardon my ignorance but still learning everyday about Adobe character animator so not sure if this is even the correct screen grab. If there's anything else you require please let me know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing both of those files. One thing that stands out is that you have left blink marked as independent but right blink is not. Usually, the blink is not independent for either eye. I do not know if that is your issue or not. Also perplexing is the "lid" state in your swap set. I don't know what it is for since you also have an open state. Logically, your open state should be your default and the closed state would be your default. After you address that, you might want to test the blink action by setting the closed state to "latched" just to confirm that it is indeed closing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @TheOriginalGC its working now, brilliant. 
I applied your method and yeah all good.
Thank you very much. 

Thank you also @Michael22255687udit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that also fix the problem with the pointing? Also, one little trick that I have with blinking is applying the AutoBlink behavior to the head and letting the blinking happen automatically instead of manually. But that might not meet your needs for this animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi The OriginalGC,

Thank you for your patience in me replying to your question, as I have been away with work. 

Really appreciate your advice on the little trick. I've managed to resolve the issue now with the pointed finger, the default was on the 'point trigger' instead of default for Left Hand. 

Again appreciate your help. 

Thank you,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete and replace the existing trigger for the eye blink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, didn't touch a thing. 

Its weird but the eyes won't close and the trigger button just isn't responding. Just that particular trigger. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines