• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet's legs are squishing in weird ways when in walk cycle

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to tweak the walk cycle parameters and I've moved the handles around, but no matter what I do I can't get the legs to stop squishing up and bending weirdly. Does anyone have any tips to fix this issue?Body Rig.jpgLeg Rig.jpgWalking Issue.jpg

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is wrong, but the knee (and maybe hip) positions seem a bit high to me. But no guarantee it will fix it. One trick is to turn the yellow mesh on (bottom left corner icon) and see how it is warping - sometimes it spots areas that look strange that are worth investigating (e.g. a stray handle or something).

I was also not sure about profiles - normally you have a "Left Profile" and "Right Profile" above the artwork so it knows the right walking direction for left/right. Maybe you added those tags to an existing layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try adding sticks in the foot, which should help retain some of the shape. Also experiment with moving the heel tag higher. I think the gap between the heel and ankle is probably responsible for this. Usually we see flat feet so having them slanted up in heels like this is an interesting difference but it should work in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines