• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet's torso follows head but the hips and legs don't.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem where my puppet's legs and hips stay still while the torso and shoulders follow my head movements. It makes the character look stiff and unnatural. I have played around with quite a few of the rigging settings and can't quite figure it out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you post a screenshot of your puppet and the layers panel so we can see the structure of your puppet. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a copy of my .puppet file and a video showing how its moving.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hNX1y1VBmMKIVK03gqahY_wRXR3pOiWS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please upload screenshots directly into your message as we prefer not to use external links. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Walk handle and behaviors are fixing the lower body. If you disable the Walk behavior for the Right Profile, the body will bend.

You can enable the Show Mesh option in the lower-right corner of the Scene panel to see how the puppet mesh is fixed or not at that region of the puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh I see that.

Is there anyway to have the walk cycle enabled and have the front body move right? I need to have this character walk sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep...got it working. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines