• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet spazzing between keyframes with same position in Walk Behavior

Participant ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the puppet walking back and forth in a room talking and then I want it to stand still and talk a little more before walking again. I am using Position-based Mode, and I see that if I have the puppet standing still between two keyframes of the same position it will start spazzing out after a few seconds. The puppet switches fast between Left Profile, Right Profile and Stand when I want it to basically stand still.

At first I thought this was some kind of issue with my puppet but then I am noticing the same problem with the Okay Samurai 'Walker' puppet. Is there anyway to address this issue so I can have the puppet stand still and talk between walking around?

Walker_1.png

Walker_2.png

    

Walker_3.png

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder ...

...what if you divide the long standing pause by adding more Keyframes in between? Maybe one a bit before spazzing starts? I gues this could calm the puppet down  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. I even put a keyframe for each frame but it's still doing it. I'm thinking it's a bug maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hybrida, I was taken back to your problems as I now have run into exactely the same bug with several scenes I build. Have you found a cool solution? Right now i am avoiding the spasms by

1. completing all position-based work.

2. duplicating the puppet several times

3. deleting Keyframes so the stand-still pose is the last pose of the puppet

4. cropping the individual Puppet timelines to snap end-to-beginning

but... that is not cool at all. How do you do it?

Looking forward your answer

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been using separate puppets to avoid the issue. So basically I'll use a standing puppet and then switch to a walking puppet and then when they stop I'll go back to the standing the puppet. It's super hard to perfectly align the puppets, so I will basically put an invisible bounding box around the puppets in AI/PSD and then match their positions there before bringing them into Ch. You can also cut to a different shot using the 'cameras' in Ch to go from a walking puppet to a stationery puppet if you are finding it difficult to perfectly align them. So you can have the walking puppet walk and then stop in a wide shot and the cut to a medium or close up shot while switching to the stationery puppet. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just realized we are doing similar solutions I think 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines