• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Updates In Rig Mode, Not Record Mode

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the hands and eyes of a puppet in Photoshop that I had already rigged up and added to a scene in Character Animator. The changes I made to that puppet are reflected when I view the puppet in Rig mode in Character Animator, but the old puppet is still showing in Record mode. How do I get the updated puppet to show in Record mode? Seems strange that the puppet is showing up differently in Rig (new puppet) and Record (old puppet).

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange.In the scene window, could you hold down ALT and click the refresh button at the bottom of the scene panel? It's two arrows in a circle. this flushes some caches in case it's something strange like that.

If that does not fix it, could you provide a screen grab or the rigging hierachy and view and the scene view? Just in case an idea sparks from that/ E.g. does the puppet have profiles and you only udated one profile... but sounds very strange for sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried flushing the cache and that didn't work. I ended up having to re-rig the puppet. Not a big deal since it was fairly simple to do so, but it is concering that this issue exists in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

3 years later and I'm having the same problem. I exported the puppet first as an .puppet file. Made a new project. Brought the .puppet file into the new Character Animator project, then edited the puppet in illustrator. The edited puppet is edited in rigging but not in record. My puppet has a bunch of moving parts. Seems a waste of time to rig everything again. Has there ever been a workaround besides re-rigging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines