Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet warp tool in Illustrator warps face tracking

Participant ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not sure how to word this, but here's what happened:

I have a puppet (designed in illustrator) that is just a floating head.

I used the puppet warp tool in AI to adjust the object on a mouth viseme layer. When I opened the puppet in Character Animator, it now stretches and weird ways when I use the face tracking in record mode (see attached). This is what happens when I lean my head to the side.  Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.38.05 PM.png

As best I can tell, it seems like there is a fixed point at the top of the puppets head and the rest of the head stretches from that point. This is just a guess. I have not used pins and fixed points yet and have no clue how what I did in Illustrator translates to Character Animator.

I deleted the layer in Illustrator that I had originally puppet warped, but the Character Animator puppet is still behaving the same way.

Thanks for the help!

Imari

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well. Newbie issue. Somehow, my head layer's crown icon (warp independently) was deactivated! Simple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines