• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppeting fruit with no head just bodies

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying puppet fruits and veggies. The body is the head. Having trouble getting them to operate functionally. I need them to have feet that stick to the ground but also turn side to side to wall both directions. Eye blink cycle layers and action triggers. Can't seem to make all those things work on a single character. Any help?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You list quite a few different concepts there and say you cannot get them all to work together, but it was not clear which ones you have going individually. I would learn each feature separately then combine them. A suggested order would be:

• Create artwork with root of +Name with children Front Profile, Left Profile, Right Profile (in that order) - then start on Front Profile only (once working, then move on to other profiles - but create the layers now as they are a pain to add later)
  • Body with feet sticking to ground (pins)
  • Eye blink cycle layers
  • Action triggers (but don't go crazy)

They are the easy ones. Once you have them under control, start on one profile only (e.g. Left Profile)

• No pins on feet for Left Profile (they are going to walk!)
  • It is very important to put all the normal body part handles on the puppet even though they dont make sense for fruit. That is still put hips, waist, etc tags on the fruit in the right kinda positions (Left Profile only, not Frontal)
  • Add walk behavior to root of the puppet - work it to work
  • Once working add the cycle layers for eye blinks to the Left Profile
  • Add triggers to the Left Profile - add the layers to the existing triggers for the Frontal Profile - that is, the one trigger can have MyPuppet/Frontal Profile/Left Hand/Wave and MyPuppet/Left Profile/Left Hand/Wave both bound to the same trigger

Then repeat the Left Profile process for the Right profile. That is, you have to rig each profile (triggers, cycles, etc) - its like multiple separate puppets in the same file. The Walk Behavior will pick which Profile to use (display)

If you get stuck on a step feel free to ask questions for that step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  see you have not answered my another question yet here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/how-to-prevent-warping-without-being-independent/t...

Thank you!:D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, missed that one since it was on a thread marked as answered. Often safet to create a new thread for each question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines