• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppets Disappears When I Add Walk Behavior .

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am doing up a 3 profile puppet 🙂 When I add the Walk Behavior  I get a white screen. When I take away the Walk Behavior  I get a body with no head. Not sure what Im doing wrong.

many Thanks 🙂

1light_maryandbaby_2.JPG2.jpg3.jpg7.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Thanks for your commenst and time, I had the folders setup wrong, when I looked at Eliza puppet art work, then I found my folder setup was wrong. Now I have a walking girl. Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Standing group have the Frontal tag associated with it?

For the Standing > head and Standing > body groups, what is the Mesh Shape setting for them? If you set them explicitly to Rectangle, does it help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your commenst and time, I had the folders setup wrong, when I looked at Eliza puppet art work, then I found my folder setup was wrong. Now I have a walking girl. Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice your triggers shown are orange, an indication the puppet structure has changed and the triggers are no longer correctly bound to layers in the puppet. You might want to check that.

I also notice you have profiles for walk and head turning. I wonder if the wrong behavior is binding to layers. If you click on the behaviors (probably on puppet root), expand the sections like "views" and "handles". These should show the layers in the puppet that it has bound to. What you want to see is the Walk Behavior has the top level Left/Right profiles bound, and the Head Turner (I assume you have one) is binding to the right head turns. My *guess* is you might find it more reliable if for each Head layer you add Head Turner profiles on those layers and remove the Head Turner from the root of the puppet (if you put one there). That way its more reliable for Walk to find the top level layers and Head Turner to only find the head profiles. It does mean you will have several head turner behaviors (one per walk profile), but that is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines