• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

puppets

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, can i use lip sync on two or characters at same time in adobe character animator.

second problem is that, how to create background in after effect like city view in the back of character. Is adobe give different background pack to use in your project.

third is what software of adobe is best for creating characters — illustrator or photoshop or other.

i am just want to make a  3 to 4 min video of characters that walking and talking and background also change after few second .what software you suggest me . someone suggest me

illustrator is best for making 2d characters and character animator for facial expression and after effect for compose them all adding audio , make your character walking and change background also. what you suggest and also solve my problems .i will be very thankful to you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Hi Depph

You can record the lip sync of two separate characters at the same time, provided you want them saying the same thing. Just select both in the Record stage and turn on record for both. I doubt that this would be considered best practice though.

There are some backgrounds offered if you click the See More button on the Start area. These are just jpg files.

Regarding software to create the character it depends which one you are or can become most comfortable with. They do have different feat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this from After Effects​ to Character Animator​

1) No, you can only target one puppet at a time. That being said, you can try to create a single puppet with two characters in them. If they're both rigged properly with the properly tagged mouths it's possible that you can achieve what you want.

2) You can create a city background in either Photoshop or Illustrator, it doesn't matter. If you're not a designer then you can buy a stock illustration or photo from any number of stock sites. There are also plenty of free assets around. Mmake sure you check the license of the asset and how to properly credit it if it's free.

3) You can use Photoshop or Illustrator equally well to create characters. They each have a slightly different workflow, but it depends what type of character or art you want to create. Illustrator is great for creating vector art characters, Photoshop can make it easier to give your characters more of a stylized or textured look. Character Animator offers template puppets in both formats so you can see the differences.

4) What you said here is the proper workflow. Dave Werner from the Character Animator team recently posted a complete workflow for how to create a character animation: Complete Animation Workflow (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

He also posted an in-depth video about making a puppet in Illustrator: Creating An Illustrator Puppet (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

These videos should get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for help, would you please give a best tutorials of after affect .

animate cc or after effect which one of them is best . if you think animate cc is best then please sent me its link or if you think after effect is best give me there link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no best tutorial for After Effects or Animate. It completely depends on what you want to do with them. I think you need to look up each program and read about them to see which one will work best for you. I like to use Character Animator and After Effects, and the tutorials I linked to will walk you through that entire process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Depph

You can record the lip sync of two separate characters at the same time, provided you want them saying the same thing. Just select both in the Record stage and turn on record for both. I doubt that this would be considered best practice though.

There are some backgrounds offered if you click the See More button on the Start area. These are just jpg files.

Regarding software to create the character it depends which one you are or can become most comfortable with. They do have different feature capabilities so it does depend what type of character you intend to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you make a puppet with a blue cap black mask and 2 glowing eyes plz and also it is a boy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines