• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question regarding Triggers and the head turn behaviour.

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have an existing problem but I've been thinking about how to attach a prop to a character that animates as part of the head turn. With my existing

knowledge I don't believe there is simple functionality for something like this? And I would basically like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to do this.

As an example, if I have a character with the 5 head positions animated by head movement on the webcam. I want to be able to press a trigger and have it attach something like a pair of glasses, or a hat. I then want that prop to stay attached when the characters head turns, but for it to also be animated with 5 positional frames that stay attached to the head.

Any ideas would be super appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Yes, if you want it to show up in each view you'd have to add it in each view. So if it were a pair of glasses, I'd add it in each view, make a single trigger called "glasses," and drag each instance of the glasses into that trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just thought that I could have 5 triggers set to the same key for each respective head, as long as they attached to the head correctly that should work? I can't think of anything wrong with that and loading 5 triggers all on latches shouldn't be too problematic? I don't know why this didn't register in my head before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you want it to show up in each view you'd have to add it in each view. So if it were a pair of glasses, I'd add it in each view, make a single trigger called "glasses," and drag each instance of the glasses into that trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet, thanks a lot for confirming, I can go ahead without worries!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines