Questions about Layered Objects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Team.  I am brand new to Ch.  To create a birthday card for my sister, I purchased a rigged character called Jim the Business Icon and a Parallax-Background-with-Office-Workplace-Interior.

The background seemed to have the objects in separate layers (perhaps a parallax feature?).  One of the objects is an office chair.  Can a person with advanced skills have a character take a seat in the office chair?

If the character's eyeglasses are on their own layer, could the puppet  "become trained" to remove or adjust the eyeglasses?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jerome! Welcome. I am  pretty new too and have been working with layers on my current project, too. There's a learning curve and you'll figure stuff out soon! Watch Dave's tutorials - they are GREAT!  The answer to both of your questions is yes. Here is what I would try with the glasses! Maybe you have already worked this out but it can be likely done in basically 3 moves. Your puppet can use a replay (or you can use the dragger to record) to animate putting his hand up to his glasses, pause, and then put his hand back down. While his hand is paused the glasses move slightly (because they are tagged as draggable). The sitting down is bit more complicated and not something I could do! But I am certain someone here can. The community is awesome for support. Hope this helpful. Have fun. I am loving creating with this program!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jerome.

Its possible, but it adds more work. The glasses are pretty easy, you can create a swap set trigger, where you can trigger the visibility of the glasses. Or you can create a swap trigger that triggers an animated GIF (layers that you create in a folder in Photoshop where the arm goes frame by frame to the face, puts the glasses on and goes back to its starting position, and it can be queued to stay on the last frame). Or you can have an arm trigger that swaps a hand holding glasses, and you can create a draggable arm, and once you drag it to the face you can swap the arm trigger back to the arm without glassses, and swap the trigger that shows visibility of glasses on the face (stuff can also be moved in the timeline after recording to line it up better) Basically you have to learn a bit more about swap triggers, and creating and looping animations. Then all of the above could be saved as a replay so it can all be queued at the click of a button.

Hope that helps!
mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines