Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

"Edit Original", even without making changes, breaks rigging in CA

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Character Animator, and have been using the Acquavella puppet from Okay Samurai as a starting point to play around. But I've struck a big issue early on... If I use "Edit Original" to adjust the source artwork at all, when I Save in Photoshop and move back to CA, the riggin is completely broken.  More importantly, the rigging is broken if I click Save in Photoshop without having made any artwork changes!

Steps:

1 - Open CA, add puppet and create scene

2 - Right-click puppet in Project panel and click "Edit original" (Photoshop opens)

3 - Without doing anything else in Photoshop, click Ctrl-S to save artwork, then Ctrl-Tab to head back to CA

4 - Screne refreshes, but puppet is completely broken!

When I say broken... The body warps and twists strangley, the eyeballs grow and shrink vertically (previously only one size or blinked closed), etc.

Any ideas? Do I need to edit the artwork differently?

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acquavella was an older puppet, and it looks like at some point we changed something that broke him a bit. Thanks for the heads' up! I've updated the puppet (made more parts independent and changed the group origins to be towards the bottom of his head) and he seems to be okay now. If you run into any more issues with him, please let me know!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines