Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Elastic" puppet head

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I don't know what's happening here - when I move my head with the camera feed, the head will move, but it will stick to the neck/body? Even if the head origin point is in the middle of the head artwork it still does this. When I check for problems there is none... Neither the head or body are independent - if the head is it acts as a independent part would.

Help please?

2021-06-29 18_11_32-Adobe Character Animator 2021.png

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-29 at 18.01.09.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-29 at 17.51.31(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-29 at 17.51.31.jpeg

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

If you turn on the yellow mesh of triangles (bottom left corner icon in rigging panel), when you move around you may find a spot becomes clear that is 'stuck' (not moving). Then look for origins and handles at that point. It is typically a tag in the wrong spot or on a handle instead of a layer. Sharing a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy for that area would help track it further

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn on the yellow mesh of triangles (bottom left corner icon in rigging panel), when you move around you may find a spot becomes clear that is 'stuck' (not moving). Then look for origins and handles at that point. It is typically a tag in the wrong spot or on a handle instead of a layer. Sharing a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy for that area would help track it further

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did what you asked and it seemed that the origin point of the entire artwork was on the neck (for some reason). I just positioned it on the torso and it fixed it!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines