"Error code 3" when export h264 Character Animator vers 22.0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Charactor animator, I am on a Windows 10 PC.

I am trying to export my character. It works fine with File > Eport >  Alpha export is success.

But when I gried File > Export > Video via Adobe Media Encoder, I get error below in AME 2022

- Encoding Time: 00:00:10
10/31/2021 01:49:10 PM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\Monkey\Desktop\TANIA-illustrator\Scene - oscar 2.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:00:00:01 - 00:00:00:08
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

Some backgorund info

I have been successful with exporting in presvious version of Character Animator vers. 4.4 but when I uninstalled that and installed the new one this week Character Animator vers 22.0, I get the error below.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021
Thanks for this. Here are the requirements for CH: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/system-requirements.html I see we're looking for a minimum of 8gb of ram and your laptop is 6gb - I wonder if that's the bottleneck.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sometimes gotten weird unexplained errors like this in the past, and for whatever reason they all eventually go away. Why I have no idea. I would try restarting, saving in a different location, keeping CH open while rendering in AME, etc. - try some variables and see if anything helps. If it persists, please let us know and we'll take a closer look.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I just tried out a few other things and posted my results below. It worked on a different device but still not working on my device with a brand new file, so I think I'm experiencing something specific to my device).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still persists.

With this new Character Animator version 22.0, what are the hardware and graphics card requirements?

My device with problem is

DEVICE TYPE - HP laptop
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5010U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 6.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

WINDOWS SPECIFCATIONS

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎11/‎2/‎2020
OS build 19043.1288
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested out steps on Nov 2, 2021

1. I created a brand new file in Character Animator vers 22.0
  2. I inserted default Chloe puppet and recorded a few gestures.
  3. In Character Animator, I went to File > Export > Adobe via Video Media Encoder
  4. Opened Adobe Media Encoder 2022, clicked green 'play' button
  5. waited
  6. status column returns 'Failed'
  7. details of error? I hovered over 'Failed' text and see the 'Error code 3' message, which I've included in my question above

RESULTS

• tested steps on Mac laptop OS Big Sur - the steps above worked successfully
  • tested the steps above again on my HP laptop as a new file (it's not in adobe cloud) and got error 'Failed'
  • Problem the way I see it --- I cannot produce mp4 anymore when using step 1-4 above
  • History - works fine when I was in Character Animator version 4.4 earlier this month. So I had no problem using steps 1-4 export option on HP laptop
  • The problem exists now on HP laptop, with default Chloe puppet after I uninstalled old CH 4.4 and then installed this 22.0 version

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. Here are the requirements for CH:

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/system-requirements.html

I see we're looking for a minimum of 8gb of ram and your laptop is 6gb - I wonder if that's the bottleneck.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, I see. Ok, that's helpful to know. Thank you.

As a work around, I figured out a way to get the mp4 to come out, by changing the default 'Match Source' to another type in the AME 2022 menu, any that start Match Source... gives me 'Failed'. However, when I selected H262 - Match Source - 2020 or 'High Quality 720p' I am successful.

All set!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your CPU is Gen5 Media encoder needs at least Gen6 to use hardware acceleration to encode/decode H.264.

Test using software encoding only on Media Encoder, should do the trick.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines