"Failed to launch Adobe Media Encoder"

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.6.  I have the latest versions of Character Animator (2.1.1 Build 7) and Media Encoder (13.1.5 Build 35).  However, I can't get Media Encoder to launch from Character Animator.  When I go to File Export, sometimes AME export options are grayed out, and sometimes it prompts me for a filename, and after a delay of a minute or two I get the error message "Failed to launch Adove Media Encoder".  I've tried many combinations of quitting and restarting the two apps, and restarting the machine.  I've also tried removing the ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/13.0 folder.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like you have the latest versions of each...

You should also be able to import a chproj directly from AME, which opens up the dynamic link dialog. Does that work?

One time AME was totally messing up for me and when I unistalled and did a clean install, it magically worked again. No idea why, but that might help too?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines