• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Razer RIPSAW support for audio

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason why Character Animator does not see my Razer RIPSAW game capture card as an audio device?

OBS uses "Video Capture Device" which handles the audio just fine so I know I'm getting audio.

FYI the RIPSAW converts HDMI inputs to USB3 to the computer.

Game Capture Card - Razer Ripsaw

I'm using this workflow to allow to record to my Blackmagic Cinema Camera then play that back to capture with Character Animator. I sure would like to just be able to point to a media file and capture that way!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

I ended up pointing the camera to a large 27" LCD display that was showing camera playback. Not ideal but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case helpful, Character Animator does not use the default OS audio source - you have to selected it from Preferences / Audio Hardware. Is it not appearing in that page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't show up.

Plus, since updating to 2.0, the video feed is also not available.

CameraInput.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something you know about  geoffreyheller @geoffreyheller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, after looking around on the Razer forum, it seems to me like the only software that works with it is OBS and XSplit. Wouldn't that indicate that the connection is proprietary? Meaning, without their "secret sauce" it's not going to show up in Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Not sure that @ Reference to Geoffrey worked. I suggest also posting a bug to the support area. The links are at the top of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I may have got threads crossed in my mind. I thought you had it working before but it stopped working.

One thing that might be useful is I came across “virtual audio cables” which is software that looks like a speaker, but it just sends the audio to a virtual microphone. So CH can use that microphone as input and other software can use the virtual device as its output (speaker). I just got it going last night to feed adobe audition output directly into CH with noise reduction etc applied. I also fed it into OBS for live streaming. That was useful because NDI from CH did not include the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up pointing the camera to a large 27" LCD display that was showing camera playback. Not ideal but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines