• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommended directory structure for Character Animator projects?

LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​Is there a recommended structure for Character Animator projects? For example, Video Projects - Sample Folder Structure Templates (for simple and complex projects) | Adobe Educati... talks about the recommended structure for a video project. Is there a similar one for Character Animator projects? Ones incorporating Ch, Ae, Pr, Au, Ps etc. (A full end-to-end project.)

For example, if you do a "Save As" of a project in Character Animator, it gathers up all the vocal audio tracks, illustrator/photoshop artwork for puppets, etc using a directory structure of <proj>/<proj>.chproj<proj>/Ch Data, <proj>/Ch Media/Gathered Media (has sound clips, illustrator artwork files, and "take*.arf" files). Is this the recommended structure?

The recommended structure for video projects above has top level directories for audio files, graphics, etc - not organized by what one product wants (Ch/Ae/Pr/etc), but more logically by purpose. E.g. there is "Audio Files" separate to "Music - Soundtrack". That seems more logical to me. Are there any practical problems however?

For example, I want to take my project from my laptop to a desktop (faster GPU for rendering etc). The path to my project directory is different on the two machines. I was not sure if the Adobe tools remember absolute paths making moving projects between machines harder, but maybe uses relative paths for media under the Ch project directory? Or should I create a C:\Adobe directory so I can use the same absolute paths on all machines to avoid relinking the files when moving between computers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?