• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recorded Drag To Position On Let Go Jumps Back (Bug or User Error?)

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a user error - but here is what happens:

Whole Character is Dragable.

1. Hit Record Drag Character from left to right.
  2. Stop character drag and left side stop mouse click/drag
  3. do a little talk.
  4. Stop recording.

Play back results: Character Drags across screen stops pops back to original start position and talks

Scrub Time Line Results: Character Drags across screen and stays where drag ends and talks.

This appears to me to be a bug or bad GUI feedback with user error.

On drag stop should the last position of the character remain?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

I just tried this and couldn't repro.

In your behaviors, is Dragger set to hold in place? If so, it should stick where you drag it. If it's at return to rest it should pop back to its origin when you let go.

If you disarm Dragger, what happens? This is a typical thing in CH - if it's armed for recording, it's always in a "rehearsal" mode - meaning it's always looking for new data coming in. If you're not actively recording, you should disarm the behavior to prevent live data from overshadowing you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and couldn't repro.

In your behaviors, is Dragger set to hold in place? If so, it should stick where you drag it. If it's at return to rest it should pop back to its origin when you let go.

If you disarm Dragger, what happens? This is a typical thing in CH - if it's armed for recording, it's always in a "rehearsal" mode - meaning it's always looking for new data coming in. If you're not actively recording, you should disarm the behavior to prevent live data from overshadowing your recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it appears your solution is correct - but there is a visual bug occurring...

When I set the dragger to "hold in place" it works as expected.

However if the character is set to drag and "return to rest" it records and acts as if it is "hold in place" visually when recording or scrubbing - here is how to reproduce:

Not sure if it matters - but the character is a ball - no arms etc - no other drag points - the character is set to dragable with no fixed points at the top level

Steps:

1. set dragger to "return to rest" at the scene level
  2. record drag of character across screen
  3. let go of mouse - character does not pop back to original point of origin
  4. record a bit more
  5. stop recording
  6. play back recording - at the point of release it will pop back to rest (which is should do in this mode)
  7. user time line scrubber instead of play back - character stays at position after release of mouse button during recording.

While this is not a game breaker - it does mislead the user during recording if dragger is set to return to rest.

Not sure if this bug is specific to my character setup - thanks for letting me know my error in settings though!!

-jer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Weird, I still can't repro this. It might just be something with your character. See: https://adobe.ly/2vISAqr

Could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines