• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recording/exporting full cycle of the walk animation

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! How can I record or export just one full cycle of the walk animation? So that when I loop my resulting animation (consisting of a bunch of PNGs), the walk cycle loops perfectly (looking to export walk animation for a game)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

I don't think there is any magic here. Record a scene with walking, export as "PNG Sequence" in Adobe Media Encoder, then look to see if it lines up. If not, adjust the walk behavior settings like walk speed.

You can test the PNG files in Ch if you like by creating a cycle layer that loops the images, to see if it looks smooth as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is any magic here. Record a scene with walking, export as "PNG Sequence" in Adobe Media Encoder, then look to see if it lines up. If not, adjust the walk behavior settings like walk speed.

You can test the PNG files in Ch if you like by creating a cycle layer that loops the images, to see if it looks smooth as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the super fast answer! I thought maybe there's a faster and more automatic way to do that, since the walk behavior is cyclical, the developers must have defined precise start and end of the cycle. Just thought there's a quick way to align the recording duration to that full cycle. Maybe in some next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines