• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording hand position keeps resetting previous recordings.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record my resting arm and hand pose and drag across the complete audio recording. Then when I change arm and hand position and record it, the hand position overrides previous hand position recording, so it's all the same. Any ideas, do I need to go back to rigging?

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you need to go back to rigging. Can you provide a screenshot of the timeline panel? I am not sure I 100% understand what you are saying. I think you do a first short recording, then drag the right edge out longer (so it holds the last value of the recording for the full clip). You then do a second recording - before or after the previous recording? Do you extend it out as well? What do you mean by "its all the same"? Hopefully some screenshots will make the problem clearer. I assume the second recording is overriding the first one... but that is how it is meant to work... so what is the problem exactly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back and sorry for delayed response. I worked it out once I viewed the relevant youtube video. Firstly I was moving the hands and arms and recording together instead of disabling the dragger as I moved and recorded the hands in layer picker separately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like when you record, all of the other recorded data gets overwritten. Is that correct? If so, the solution is to go into the Puppet Track Behaviors menu (below the camera) and turn off all but the behavior that you wish to modify, such as "Dragger" for arm and hand position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this was the problem. I was moving and recording the hands in layer picker, along with the arms in dragger, instead of recording them separately. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines