• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording multiple shapes

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to record something for a video, I have two shapes that are apart of the same puppet. One is a head, with a magnet, and the other is a ball. When I activate the magnet, I can pick up the ball. I also have a dragger on the ball so I can move it that way. The ball has physics applied to it as well. But when I look back at the recording, the ball only reacts to the dragger, not in the correct way either. If I just record the magnets without dragging it, the ball just sits there, as the head does exactly what it's supposed to do. Any reasons on why this may be happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there are restrictions when two different things try to control the same layer - in your case, the dragger behavior and magnets. One wins, one loses. I think its just a limitation.

I vaguely remember one solution being to have two layers in a swapset, then put a magnet on one and the dragger on the other. The two layers can look identical, but you use the swapset to do a slight of hand switch of the puppet between the one that supports dragging and the one that supports the magnet. But I have not tried it myself - just mentioning in case helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I do also think it's just a limitation, it is a lot for he program to think about. It's like the physics simulation video with the shapes OkaySamurai has on his channel. He doesn't seem to record that with the program, he is most likely using OBS. I'll try to record the scene with OBS, but it does drop frames that way. Thanks for your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not sure why OBS is going to help? Are you saying it behaves one way during playback and another during exported video?

I use OBS for streaming - the CH playback engine is just not that fast so you get fewer frames per second. Plus OBS as you say drops some frames.

I am not sure exactly the effect you want, but the other thing you can do is create different scenes, export one with transparency (no background image), then use AE or Prem Pro extra to layer one over the other. A bit more clunky, but could be useful. E.g. I am thinking to prerecord a second Character for my livestream as a video then play it during my OBS stream - I cannot control two live characters with the software I think (maybe I can, but I do different audio effects for the different characters so I have to switch too many things live).  (Hmmm, can a replay trigger an audio clip To play back? I need to try that one out!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry it took long for me to respond, I "x"ed out of the tab and forgot to check back. I did kinda get it to work with obs. It was good enough. This is what I was working on. You will see the interaction with the metroid and the morph ball. That was what was not work recording properly in CH. I hope that clears everything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines