• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording multiple takes of Triggers without overwriting & weird glitch?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am stumped in CH right now..

I have a character with triggers and swap sets. I was wondering why CH had only one trigger layer so if I wanted to record a different trigger to combine with a trigger on the timeline it would record over it..

So I added Triggers 2 behavior to the puppet in rig panel which seems to work for recording a new layer of triggers without erasing other triggers you have on the timeline.

BUT, I just rigged a new swap set and triggers and to my complete confusion it requires BOTH Triggers and Triggers 2 to be armed for recording. With just one of the Triggers behaviors armed the trigger does not work.

What the heck is going on??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think triggers never overwrite, unless its the same trigger. They are a bit different like that. So I don't think any need to add a second behavior. There probably is a weird bug there because nobody ever does it.

My advice is only have one Trigger behavior. It is safe to record over the top of the previous trigger recording - it will add to it in the case of triggers, not replace it. (And yes, this is inconsistent with almost every other behavior.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Triggers are overwriting for me and that's the issue! A Trigger recording take will completely overwrite a different Trigger take even if it is for completely different triggers. I have the latest CH... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines