• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render content in Character Animator with transparent background?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to render out content in Character Animator and checked that thread with a solution. How to render Alpha + RGB in Adobe Media Encoder?

But there's no 32-but available in the mac version.

Exporteinstellungen.jpg

Can somebody help, because i need that file absolutely transparent background to work with in other software?

best regards

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows which probably has different encoders, but I find using the filter of encoders using the word “alpha” would show me all the encoders with alpha support (alpha channel = transparency).

Is there a reason you need 32 bit? Does the color look off with 16 bit color depth? It may be 16 is sufficient for cartoon artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 32-bit, because that's mentioned in the thread. If I export an mac with alpha-Channel, than it's not transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous post you've linked to is quite a few years old now.
In Character Animator can you go to File > Export > Video with Alpha via Media Encoder
and get your transparent background that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok fund the problem. Apple Final Cut does not take over the transparency...sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does final cut recognise transparency from/through Premiere Pro?
Just wondering if you could add an extra step, from Ch to Pr to Final Cut in order to get your transparency working in the app you want to use. I know it's an extra step in the workflow which shouldn't really be needed, but if it works in the short term it gets you through your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok and how do i have to do that? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines